Title: Business Advisory Services- Senior Consultant, IT Security Infrastructure
Other Locations: null
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 30,000 people serving clients in more than 100 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
We are committed to capitalizing on our strengths and serving dynamic organizations that share our values and drive. Our global values of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility guide our behaviors and fuel our ambition…to be the firm that makes a difference, every day.
We provide companies the guidance they need to help run their businesses, establish robust internal controls, use information effectively and improve performance. These services include transaction support, valuation, recovery and reorganization, information technology solutions, forensic accounting and investigative services to name a few.
Senior Associate – IT Infrastructure, Security and Operations Strategy
Grant Thornton’s information technology practice is looking to hire a Sr. Associate to assist its clients with IT infrastructure, Cybersecurity and IT operations related problems. Grant Thornton's information technology practice, part of Business Advisory Services (BAS), offers an opportunity for smart, motivated IT professionals to leverage their existing experience and broaden their business and project management skills in a rewarding and challenging environment.
The BAS IT Infrastructure, Security and Operations Strategy Sr. Associate will be responsible for delivering a full range of services to clients in all phases of project and engagement management. Responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing IT infrastructure, security and operations assessments, strategic planning information systems audit engagements and much more. Other responsibilities include developing and supervising staff; and assisting in client management, practice development and business development activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
* Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and managing to budget.
* Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
* Apply current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues and other opportunities for improvement.
* Work with the client to plan engagement strategy, define objectives, and address technology-related controls risks and issues.
* Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for improvements.
* Assist partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls.
* Participate in recruiting efforts as needed.
* Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
* Analyze organizational IT requirements and develop technology solutions and strategy.
* Design and implement infrastructure and security solutions.
* Provide enterprise systems assessment, planning and Implementation.
* Information technology risk management.
* Advise clients on outsourcing, managed services, virtualization, cloud computing and other infrastructure related architecture and operational decisions.
* Perform vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, wireless security assessments, web application security assessments, Voice over IP (VoIP) security assessments, and social engineering.
* Perform Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) assessments.
* Assist clients in planning and executing remediation plans identified in assessment activities.
* Participate in the development and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
* Perform other job-related duties as necessary.QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, engineering or other related discipline is required.
* Experience handling multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously.
* Two to six years of experience at a senior consultant level in a similar practice or function, servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
* Payment Card Industry (PCI) experience.
* Qualified Security Assessor (QSA), Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV), or Certified Payment-Card Industry Security Manager (CPISM) certifications a plus.
* System administrator-level expertise in multi-user server operating systems including linux / unix variants and Microsoft server.
* Experience assessing, designing, and implementing network security for enterprise customers.
* Experience in project management and the ability to clearly communicate security planning and technology issues verbally on both a formal and informal basis to all levels of client staff.
* Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
* Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
* Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
* Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
* Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
* Technology industry certifications, such as CCNA, CCIE, MCP, CISSP, SANS GIAC, NSA IAM, NSA IEM. - CPA, CISA, or CISM or others are a plus.
Travel: Varies from 0% to 100% depending on client mix
Benefits: Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visithttp://www.gt.com/.