Title: Virtualization Engineer
Location: IL-Oakbrook Terrace
Other Locations: null
This position will be part of Datacenter Team that provides expertise in designing, engineering, supporting, and troubleshooting various applications, hardware, and virtual environments. The position requires an individual with a broad knowledge of Windows Server product family and various virtualization technologies (VMware, XenDesktop, XenApp, XenServer, Hyper-V), keen troubleshooting skills, and solid interpersonal and communication skills.
* Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the virtualization environment, related applications and projects.
* Participate in the planning, building, testing, and implementation of images.
* Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and take responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
* Provide troubleshooting and issue resolution for various systems.
* Review hardware and system design and other risks during the course of projects and make recommendations for improvement.
* Facilitate knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining detailed and comprehensive documentation and diagrams. Maintain expert level of knowledge in area of expertise.
* Support development effort in review of system hardware, software and design to assure requirements are met.
* Conduct research on emerging technologies and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness in that area.
* Serve as a liaison to vendors and/or third-party providers as assigned.
* Perform other job related duties as necessary.
* BA/BS in Information Management or related field – OR- at least 6 years demonstrated relevant technical experience.
* VMware vSphere experience
* Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, XenServer experience
* Microsoft Hyper-V experience
* Strong background in Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory.
* Strong knowledge of DNS, DHCP, WINS, TCP/IP, SMTP, SNMP, PXE, NAT and network related technologies.
* Solid collaboration/communication skills and customer focus.
* Quick grasp of strategic and tactical requirements and the ability to propose creative solutions.
* Able to prioritize workload and work independently.
* Citrix NetScaler experience is a plus.
* Experience & passion supporting a production infrastructure.
* Able to lift and install hardware up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to travel between datacenters located in the Chicagoland area. null