Title: Investigations and Forensic Accounting Senior Associate
Location: New York-New York
Other Locations: null
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 30,000 people serving clients in more than 100 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
We are committed to capitalizing on our strengths and serving dynamic organizations that share our values and drive. Our global values of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility guide our behaviors and fuel our ambition…to be the firm that makes a difference, every day.
We provide companies the guidance they need to help run their businesses, establish robust internal controls, use information effectively and improve performance. These services include transaction support, valuation, recovery and reorganization, information technology solutions, forensic accounting and investigative services to name a few.
FORENSIC ACCOUNTING SENIOR ASSOCIATE – FORENSIC ACCOUNTING & INVESTIGATION SERVICES
The Forensic Accounting and Investigative Services practice of Grant Thornton's Economic Advisory Services (EAS) offers a broad range of services in litigation support and business valuation and assist our clients with challenging financial and economic issues in complex litigation and other business dispute cases as well as services in investigations of allegations related to fraud and/or irregularities, bankruptcy, workouts, turnarounds, economic impact studies, computer fraud, and forensics.
The EAS Forensic Accounting Senior Associate – Forensic Accounting and Investigation Services is responsible for all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing projects and services in litigation support, business valuation, and forensics and developing and managing staff. The EAS Manager works closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development, and business development. The EAS Manager is responsible for an assigned group of clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing EAS projects and services and managing to budget.
Conduct research and analyses and supply information to assist management in consulting on large and complex litigated disputes and providing valuable financial insight and clarity to counsel during all stages of a business dispute, from case theory development and discovery to expert witness testimony.
Assist in preparing questions for discovery and deposition of potential witnesses, assist in reviewing and refuting the testimony and analysis of expert witnesses, design court exhibits, and participate in depositions and court as necessary.
Apply business valuation approaches and methods to a variety of tangible and non-tangible assets, including equity valuations, option analyses, and purchase allocations.
Assemble, maintain, and finalize working papers that support valuations with minimal supervision.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field.
* Two to four years of progressive experience in public accounting or consulting with experience in litigation support, business valuation, or forensics.
* Accounting, finance, and economics knowledge; proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS preferred.
* Litigation Support / Consulting: Some experience in assisting management in consulting litigators on developing, evaluating, and settling case strategies and preparation of attorney work product to support case strategies
* Valuation: Some experience in broad-based business and financial valuations, multi-discipline appraisals, and fairness opinions, especially those of closely held companies
* Experience in fraud investigation and forensic accounting a plus.
* Analytical with experience in financial analysis and modeling, econometrics, statistics, and regression analysis.
* Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles.For a more complete list of benefits please visitwww.gt.com.
The people in the independent firms of Grant Thornton International Ltd provide personalized attention and the highest quality service to public and private clients in more than 100 countries. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the six global audit, tax and advisory organizations. Grant Thornton International Ltd and its member firms are not a worldwide partnership, as each member firm is a separate and distinct legal entity.