Title: Audit Manager
Location: MO-Kansas City
Other Locations: null
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 30,000 people serving clients in more than 100 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
We are committed to capitalizing on our strengths and serving dynamic organizations that share our values and drive. Our global values of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility guide our behaviors and fuel our ambition…to be the firm that makes a difference, every day.
We work with clients to improve their overall financial reporting processes. Ultimately, we see our audit as more than just numbers and compliance. Our goal is to help our clients better understand their business. We consider it our job to keep our clients informed all year long of accounting, financial and regulatory developments that may impact their business.
Assurance – Consumer and Industrial Products – Manager
Do you have a unique understanding of the consumer and industrial products industry and its financial and business operations? Would you like to join a team of trusted business advisors passionate about providing exceptional client service? Grant Thornton’s core business is auditing financial statements and we understand that to deliver a truly quality audit, the underlying activities and operations that give rise to the accounting entries, need to be reviewed and understood. In short, we strive for a keen understanding of the client’s business in order to provide insightful and sound operational advice, recommend process improvement strategies, and offer suggestions to manage risk. Our professionals are thought leaders, providing personalized attention and quality service to our clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements in the Consumer and Industrial Products industry with the ability to manage to budget.
* Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts effectively.
* Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business improvement and process improvement and serve as a business advisor to client.
* Team with partners and senior managers on proposals and business development calls.
* Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals.
* Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
* Actively participate in recruiting talent to the firm.
* Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis.
* Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* Minimum 5-7 years of progressive audit experience in a medium to large public accounting firm or equivalent, Big 4 experience a plus
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting, MBA a plus
* Active CPA license required
* Significant Consumer and Industrial Products industry
* Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards.
* Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
The people in the independent firms of Grant Thornton International Ltd provide personalized attention and the highest quality service to public and private clients in more than 100 countries. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the six global audit, tax and advisory organizations. Grant Thornton International Ltd and its member firms are not a worldwide partnership, as each member firm is a separate and distinct legal entity.